With a total of 22 horses sold - four of those million-dollar yearlings - at the recent Keeneland September Sale, Medaglia d'Oro is the leading sire standing in North America by both average and median:
Medaglia d'Oro - $560,227
Into Mischief - $434,405
Tapit - $407,115
Quality Road - $371,943
War Front - $344,846
Medaglia d'Oro - $437,500
Into Mischief - $392,500
War Front - $325,000
Curlin - $322,500
Tapit - $300,000
In addition, since 2016, no other stallion can match his 20 million-dollar plus yearlings. But these lofty achievements should come as no surprise given his lifetime body of work which reflects the following:
• 21 NH G1 winners
• 7 American G1 winners in 2017 – the only other stallion to have as many in a single year was Mr. Prospector in 1987.
• Had 8 million-dollar yearlings in 2018—only Storm Cat and Northern Dancer ever hard more in a single year.
• He’s the ONLY stallion with 2 juvenile G1 winners at the BC in the past five years
• He’s the all-time leading sire of Black Type winners at Saratoga, with 20.
• He’s the all-time leading sire of G1 winners at Del Mar, with 6.